Windows 11 is the next major version of the Windows operating system (OS) that Microsoft launched in late 2021.
What are the system requirements for Windows 11?
To install windows 11 in your system, certain requirements need to be met. Here are the requirements for Windows 11 that your PC/Laptop should have.
|Processor||1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with 2 or more cores on a compatible 64-bit processor or System on a Chip (SoC)|
|Storage||64 GB or More|
|System firmware||UEFI, Secure Boot capable|
|TPM||TPM version 2.0, UEFI firmware and Secure Boot capable on your PC.|
|Graphics card||DirectX 12 or later with WDDM 2.0 driver|
|Display||HD display that is greater than 9” diagonally, 8 bits per color channel|
|Internet||Microsoft account and internet connectivity|
Method 1: Get the Windows 11 upgrade notification via Windows Update
1. Type and search [Check for updates] in the Windows search bar①, then click [Open]②.
2. Click [Check for updates]③.
3. If the notification of Windows 11 upgrade is available, click [Download and install] to start to upgrade④.
4. Windows Update is downloading Windows 11. It may take some time to download, and it’s fine to keep using your PC.
5. After the downloading process is completed, please click [Restart now]⑤ to start to install Windows 11.
6. After the computer enters the desktop again, it means Windows 11 installation is completed.
Method 2: Using Windows 11 Installation Assistant
1. Go to the Microsoft official website to download the Installation Assistant tool. Click [Download now]① to start to download the Windows 11 Installation Assistant tool.
2. After the download process is completed, double-click your downloaded tool②.
3. If the User Account Control notification is appeared, please select [Yes]③.
4. Please read through the Microsoft software license terms, then select [Accept and install] to continue the Windows 11 upgrade process④.
5. Installation Assistant is downloading Windows 11. It may take some time to download, and it’s fine to keep using your PC.
6. After the downloading process is completed, please click [Restart now]⑤ to start to install Windows 11.
7. After the computer enters the desktop again, it means Windows 11 installation is completed.
- Monitoring Children’s Use of Technology. How to Prevent Misuse?
- WealthTech – Everything you need to know
- Traditional Marketing vs Digital Marketing
- Android 13 – The latest features and updates Google’s OS
- 5G-Everything you need to know!